Sunday, March 8, 2015

Welcome to NeeNee's Needlework!

Welcome to NeeNee's Needlework! This is the home of my brand new Etsy shop blog. Thank you for stopping by.


Over the next few days, I will be posting some pictures of the items I am listing in my brand new shop, along with the story behind my Dutch girl blankets. Be sure to keep checking back for news about my shop.


For now, I'll introduce myself. I am a stay at home mom with two beautiful- and very active- little girls. They really keep me hopping! In my spare time, I love to make things. I knit, crochet, and sew. Sometimes I do a bit of simple embroidery.


It is a tradition in my family that all babies leave the hospital in a handmade blanket and as a result, I firmly believe that every child should have at least one handmade-especially-for-them possession- proof that someone, somewhere was willing to spend time on them just because they deserve it. I adore making things for babies and children, so in my shop, you are likely to find several items for baby, usually blankets. You may also find pincushions (I have a slight addiction), or other odds and ends, as my mood takes me.


I first got into crafting many years ago, when my grandmother taught me a few simple crochet stitches. I put it aside for several years, but picked it up again right after college, and now I am hooked! (No pun intended.) Since then, I have branched out to sewing and quilting and also a bit of knitting on the side.


One of the first things I ever sewed was a replica of the cuddly flannel blankie my other grandmother made for me when I was small- a Dutch girl blanket. I've made many of these over the years, and I love them more every time I make one. (It's possible I might also have a mild addiction to flannel. I blame my grandma.)


So, once again, thank you for stopping by. Please check back again for all the latest news from my shop.






No comments:

Post a Comment